Expat families in Jakarta: hiring household staff (nanny, housekeeper, driver...)
Professional baby or childcare trainings for domestic workers are not available, but workers may have built skills through experience. This is why most expat parents try to hire nannies who have proven childcare experience with other foreign families. There workers are overall rare, here we share tips to help you find and retain amazing household staff:
- I need to hire household staff, where do I start?
- How do I make the most of the interview?
- How much should I offer? Salary guidelines
- What else do we need to agree on? (+ contract template download)
- How can I create a healthy relationship with my staff?
- Health insurance for household staff (BPJS)
- I no longer need to employ my worker, what should I do? (+ tips on how to write a useful reference letter)