Identify your needs
Finding the right employee can be quite intimidating as it means bringing a new person into your home who will be responsible for the well-being of your family. Before you start your search, it’s important to have a clear sense of what their responsibilities will be, prioritize skills and attributes that are most important to your family and communicate them to applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Here are some questions you may ask yourself:
- Will your employee be responsible for house chores? Take care of children? Both?
- Will they be working independently, or will they be closely supervised?
- Are you looking for an extra pair of hands or for someone who can help raise your child?
- Will they be living with you?
- What will be their working hours? How many rest days will they have? Will they need to travel with you?
Hire for personality, teach for skills
It is unlikely you will find a worker who meets all of your requirements, so try to prioritize one or two skills or characteristics that are essential to your family. Most professional skills can be learned, but ultimately personality and attitude generally determine whether a worker will fit well into your family.
Read our complete salary guideline here.